Date(s) - 04/06/2019
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Camp Golden Pond
Join us at Camp Golden Pond to help us open the outer units. Activities on our TODO list will include cleaning individual cabins, cleaning the outer bathhouses and pavilions, trail maintenance, and ensuring the camp is ready for summer.
Be sure to pack a lunch and water bottle, wear your sturdy shoes, and bring your work gloves! If you can only join us for part of the day, that’s ok too.
Please let us know if you plan to attend to help with our organizational activities.
Our primary focus for this day will be cleanup and minor repairs. We need to complete the following tasks before the full camp will be ready for use:
- Clean bunk room in Lower Palmer
- Prep all individual cabins in outer units:
- Open and clean
- Asses mattresses – make sure each bunk has a mattress and they are in good shape (no holes, etc)
- Check for damage – fix broken screens, etc
- Locate and reattach all the Serendipity tent flaps and if possible fix the flap closures
- Replace all smoke detector batteries and check detector expiration date
- Inventory and asses life jackets and paddles
- Inventory, asses and prep all watercraft
- Trail maintenance
If you are interested, be sure to check out some of our long term projects.