There are a number of projects on the camp property that would add value to the property and improve the experiences of the campers who utilize the property. This list only highlights a few and we are open to new ideas.
If you or your group is interested in helping us with one of these projects, please contact us. At this point we are looking for volunteers who are willing to follow a project through from planning and funding to execution and will expect groups to submit a written proposal outlining their plan.
If you can think of a project that is not on this list, please let us know what you are thinking so we can determine if it fits within the camp mission. We would love to hear your ideas.
- 1 Shopping Lists
- 2 Short Term Needs
- 3 Lodges
- 4 Camp Buildings
- 5 Camp Activities
- 6 Lake/Boat Launch
The camp is always in need of consumables such as toilet paper, paper towels for Legacy, 55 gallon trash bags, hand soap, and cleaning supplies. Use the lists below to see examples of what kind of supplies we are looking for.
When you shop through AmazonSmile, not only can you have items shipped directly to us, but Amazon will also donate a portion of your sale to us:
- Toilet paper
- N Fold Paper towels for Legacy
- Hand soap
- General purpose disinfecting cleaner
- Disinfecting Spray
- Scrub sponges
- Steel wool
- Dish towels
- 55 gallon trash bags
Short Term Needs
We are in need of the following items:
- Kayak / canoe seats
- Chain saw
- Board games
- Commercial wall mounted first aid kit
- No specific needs at this time.
- First Aid Kit
- Electronic Lock
- Drainage pipe to redirect runoff water at basement
- Heavy duty storage racks
- Electronic lock
- Repair of foundation
- Completing this project will allow the traverse wall to reopen.
- Estimates and plans to turn into an educational nature center building.
- Assessment and reinforcement of wall for kayak storage
- Kayak storage wall hangers
- Archery Shed w/Shooting Pavilion
- Large Traffic Cone
- Other accessories (finger guard, arm guards, etc.)
- Repair leaking boats
- Updated / permanent signage with rules and description of game
- Install equipment bucket
New Rope Course (Between Palmer Lodge and Boat Launch)
- Self guided low road elements
- Clean roofs
- Cut trees away from cabins/pavilions
- General plant upkeep to keep the paths cleared
- Repair tent flaps
- Repair of fire ring bench
- Deck repairs of tabin platform
- Bench around fire ring repair
- Clean gutters and moss from roofs
- Pea gravel for launch area or fairway green rug
- Maintain evasive plant control
- The Lake trail will be updated this spring.
- Drainage pipe the length of the drive to the main road.
- A drainage pipe needs installed under the driveway at Eberle Rd.
- Gravel — extend parking lot, fill drive from main road clear through camp to all units.
- Information Kioks repair and flag retirement box added.
- Eradicate or control and mitigate the invasive species such as the honeysuckle, autumn olive, and Japanese grass.
- Keep poison ivy at bay.